Updated: Feb 21
The Peachtree City LCI Core Team Meets for the First Time!
The Core Team, made up of residents, property owners, advocates, developers, and designers, met for the first time on February 3rd, at 6:00 PM at City Hall. The meeting was open to the public, and all future Core Team meetings will also be open. The Core Team will meet a total of 3 times throughout the LCI study to help the planning team refine their ideas.
After Robin Cailloux with the City of Peachtree City introduced the project, the planning team (TSW) gave a brief presentation about the analysis so far and ideas for future public outreach and engagement.
Next, the Core Team went through a goal setting exercise to get to the major issues in the LCI area, and goals to address those issues. These draft goals will be available for feedback at the Kick-off Meeting on Thursday, February 27th, at 6:00 PM at City Hall. The major issues identified were:
1. Traffic congestion at 54/74 and the need for alternative routes.
2. Need for a gathering space.
3. Need for more housing options.
4. Attracting a more diverse demographic.
5. Re-imagine aging building stock and properties.
6. How to better leverage the path system.
7. Attracting businesses and jobs.
After the goals have been refined based on public feedback, this LCI study will make design, planning, and policy recommendations so that the City can start to implement change to reach the goals.